Thursday, October 1, 2015

hand lettering.


A few weeks ago I came across an Instagram post advertising a hand lettering event here in Orlando. Since my schedule primarily consists of working and studying (and binge-watching How to Get Away with Murder, but that's a different story for a different day), I decided to liven up my Friday night and register.   

Yes, it was awkward going alone to a social event. Yes, I felt out of my league because almost every other guest was a graphic designing genius with an enviable portfolio. BUT, all those artists with cuckoo-bananas skills totally motivated me. Hand lettering all-star Shauna Panczyszyn led the workshop and talked us through her illustrating process, where she finds inspiration, etc. 

After the lecture portion, we were left with an hour and a half to sketch. I took my sketch home and did a few fancy-schmancy thing in Photoshop (with the aid of my beautiful- and I do mean beautiful-new Wacom tablet) and voila! My first foray into hand lettering! 

Obviously I have loads more practice ahead, but I thought I'd share. Happy Thursday, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment